Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Careful with those European extremities!

It seems Estonia is hardly out of the news in the last few days.

I was skimming through the Independent on Sunday's travel section and out of an article on "10 Essential Raod Trips", in the company of "The American dream trip" and "Australia's open road" jumped... wait for it... "fly-drive to the Baltic"! What particularly amused me was the idea of visiting "Saaremaa Island, before crossing into Estonia...".

While in that region, I just caught a snippet of a Euronews piece at the weekend, reporting from the extremities of Europe. There was some chat from, I think, Hiiumaa, then a shot of some coastline bathed in sunshine. I remarked how nice it looked, only to be told that we were now in the Med. somewhere, Malta perhaps. Oh, well!

And then just now I was catching up on my emails, finding easyJet offering trips to...

Fabulous festive markets in Eastern Europe!
Fares from £14.99*
Catch the Christmas spirit in our wonderful Eastern European cities! Prague, Tallinn and Ljubljana are famous for their colourful Christmas markets - stroll in the crisp air with a mug of mulled wine and discover a whole range of beautiful and unusual handcrafted items, traditional gifts and delicious food.
Add a regional flavour to your Christmas shopping from just £14.99* one way - book now!

Perhaps travel articles and adverts is too easy, though, so in future take it as read that you can't pick up a travel section these days without finding articles and travel offers about Estonia, usually Tallinn... Perhaps I'll just report any more howlers I spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home